Building Rome – Back on the rails
Here’s what they were for last week, along with my progress updates.
- Financial: I will not spend any money (obeying these rules). Uh, so I didn’t really stick to this.
- Fitness: I will go to crossfit three times next week. Nope, not this either. I was way too sick to even go to work, let alone work out.
- Creative: I will get started (one page min) on the outline for the TV series idea I have. Also a big zero on this front. I was more concerned with keeping drool off my pillow and wondering how many tissues a human can use in one day.
- Health: I will take my own lunch to work each day next week. Here I get partial credit. I did bring lunch to work the only day and a half I was in, and the rest of the time, I only ate food I had cooked. When I was hungry at all, that is.
- Creative 2: I will write 2 pages for my chapter of the book I am cowriting with one of my BFFs. I think you can already guess where this one went.
However! I have still made some headway on some things. And the goals have changed slightly, perhaps expanded.
- I will not spend any money So far – Finland excepted – so good.
- I will go to crossfit twice this week It’s not the usual 3 because I am building back up after the ‘flu. One already down one to go.
- I will bring my lunch each day this week. 3 from 3 so far!
- I will continue Sober October. This is going to be a BIG test. I am going to the Whiskey Festival with friends on Friday, and a very good friend is visiting this weekend. Not just any friend, an Irish friend. I have decided that for Friday and Saturday nights, “sobriety” will mean two standard drinks. Just for those two days, and only because these two events are pretty rare and special.
- I will add fermented food to my diet 3 times a week. This is to aid with gut healing – more on that below.
- I will do at least one page on any of my creative writing projects.
- Complete my German homework, and watch a half hour episode of a familiar show in German.
It’s a lot, but I am feeling 99% healthy again, and cooked up a huge batch of food on the first day of my sickness, before collapsing into bed for marathon 12-hour stretches.
I have been inspired to add fermented food to my diet (goal #5) after reading a series of really interesting posts on the Eat.Drink.WoD. Blog. The author decided to cut out a bunch of foods and increase others, to see what would happen and how she would feel. The results were pretty spectacular. If you want to read more:
Happy reading, and good luck with your goals!